POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : PovRay faster : Re: PovRay faster Server Time
2 Sep 2024 02:13:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PovRay faster
From: A B
Date: 1 Feb 2001 09:26:40
Message: <3A79721F.FA61D6C3@neuro.informatik.uni-ulm.de>
Ken wrote:

> Warp wrote:
> >
> >   Is it worth the efforts to make this huge amount of work just to
> > optimize one executable binary for one CPU?
>
> As someone who owns an Athlon machine I consider that a silly question :)
>
> Besides there are now more than just one person using this CPU. Lots of
> people are buying them.
>
> --
> Ken Tyler - 1400+ POV-Ray, Graphics, 3D Rendering, and Raytracing Links:

I think the whole discussion is obsolete. In the time an cpu optimized
version of POV Ray runs stable and without a few errors more the the
original version, there is a new processor under which the original POV
will run faster than the optimised. Therefor I value all the work for
cpu-optimized POV versions for lost time.

My personal opinion.
Yours Axel Baune