POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : ambient light handling : Re: ambient light handling Server Time
1 Sep 2024 16:12:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ambient light handling
From: Margus Ramst
Date: 31 Jan 2001 18:46:47
Message: <3A78A46E.DB013BCA@peak.edu.ee>
Warp wrote:

>   Not exactly. In most objects there's a specular reflection of the light
> from the object surface which will make a light source colored spot.

As I see it, if the surface is to reflect only pure red, then by definition
there should be no reflection (diffuse or specular) of green light. But of
course the default specular highlight model in POV works differently.

--
Margus Ramst

Personal e-mail: mar### [at] peakeduee
Home page http://www.hot.ee/margusrt