POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Sabotage and destruction of the Lincoln : Re: The Sabotage and destruction of the Lincoln Server Time
19 Aug 2024 08:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Sabotage and destruction of the Lincoln
From: Abe
Date: 31 Jan 2001 16:23:56
Message: <3A788257.B33C3FE6@taconic.net>
Neat pic. As usual I get the sense that it is either cover art or
illustration for a sci fi story. I like the "feel".

One comment, besides the razor sharp edges on the rings: when I first
viewed the pic at full resolution on my 800x600 monitor, I saw it in
vignettes, the first of course being the upper left corner. At the time
I missed the lens flare ring (seeing only the glare), but on
subsequently shrinking the image to fit my screen and seeing the flare
ring I lost some sense of the vast emptiness of space. In other words,
the ring acted as a space filling element (like the planet and the
rings). I appreciated the sense of vacuum which I got in my first
impression. Just a thought.