POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Sabotage and destruction of the Lincoln : Re: The Sabotage and destruction of the Lincoln Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:20:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Sabotage and destruction of the Lincoln
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 31 Jan 2001 01:53:50
Message: <3A77B67D.C5C4B23B@gmx.de>
"H.E. Day" wrote:

> Here it is, the most recent masterpiece....or not.
> http://www.pietyhillcottages.com/Images/sabotage.jpg (633K)
> The original was rendered at 2400x1200 and took 7h32m to render on a
> P200
> 100% POVRay!!
>
> Comments?

It looks really good, some thoughts:

- antialiasing would have done very nice to some parts of the scene,
although others of course would have suffered from it.

- the explosion IMO is not very realistic for space.  It looks more like
exploding gasoline.  Anyway it looks quite impressive.

- The rings have quite sharp borders.

- the rocks look really nice, could you have some words how you made them?

- I'm a bit confused by the lighting, do you use radiosity (i suppose not
with 7h32m)

- I much like the ships, any chance for a large size render of a single
one to see the details?

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>