POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : 3D!Now : Re: 3D!Now Server Time
1 Sep 2024 22:15:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3D!Now
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 30 Jan 2001 10:53:35
Message: <3A76E380.79107821@gmx.de>
Daniel Jungmann wrote:

> I don't have a website, but I can e-mail PovRay optimized for 3D!Now ( you
> need just 3D!Now ) or the sourcefiles I have changed everyone who is
> interested. I think I will make a version of PovRay optimized for SSE
> (Pentium III), but first check the feadback for PovRay & 3D!Now.

I have tested it on my K6-2 500 but it crashed as soon as i used any
transformations (rotate/translate/scale)

An simple scene worked though and i made some short quite synthetic
benchmark containing a lot of reflection and refraction:

3D!Now compile:    9min, 2sec
povray 3.1g:       7min, 59sec
megapov 0.6a:     10min, 29sec
povCyg 3.1g:       8min, 43sec

Not a very convincing result and probably not representative fore real
scenes.  I would have liked to test it on some more complex scene, but
making one without any transformations is difficult.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>