POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : GUI extension question... : Re: GUI extension question... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:25:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: GUI extension question...
From: Alexander Enzmann
Date: 30 Jan 2001 09:01:28
Message: <3A76CB0B.10355A80@mitre.org>
The approach I took was to have my program and the GUI-Extension grab a
common block of virtual memory to hold the image bits.  The
GUI-Extension basically kept track of what pixels were being generated
by POV-Ray, wrote them into the common memory, and every once in a while
(timer event) told my application what part of the image was dirty.

If you can wait till the image is done rendering, then you can forgo the
above and just have your application tell POV-Ray what file to dump the
results into, have the GUI-Extension signal when POV-Ray is done.

Xander

"Steve G." wrote:

> I want to write a program that does preview renders using pvengine to
> generate the preview images. How do I redirect the render output from povray
> to my app?
>
> Or maybe theres some more documentation on the gui extension features?

I don't think there's much documentation - I just worked from what was
there.