POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shelf Scene : Re: Shelf Scene Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:28:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shelf Scene
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 29 Jan 2001 11:22:09
Message: <3A7598B0.68F46D0@gmx.de>
Josh English wrote:

> So should I simply increase the rotation value, or will it take a vector?

No, just a float value, it is multiplied with a random factor, so it
depends on the 'seed' value.

You can also use an already rotated pigment.

> Yeah, I am thinking that I will need to do an isosurface to get this to work
> the way I want with radiosity to keep the bumpy look to things, otherwise it
> will look flat

Not necessarily if you use 'normal on' in the radiosity block.  Anyway, if
there are shadows involved, an isosurface is better.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>