POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Adding object to Moray : Re: Adding object to Moray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:23:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Adding object to Moray
From: Alex McMurray
Date: 29 Jan 2001 19:04:42
Message: <3A750C6A.5D6A5E5D@melbpc.org.au>
Arne Kleinophorst wrote:

> No, it's not in the manual, 'cause it can't be done like this (up to
> now, Lutz?)
> What you could do, is putting the object in you scene once, thene create
> as many references as you wish (but within that scene) and if you
> manipulate the main object within the scene all the references in the
> scene will be changed as well. But externel linking to another scene is
> not possible.
>
> If anyone knows better, feel free to correct me
>
> Arne

Thanks Arne,

    I was affraid that was the answer, I currently do what you suggested, but
I was hoping that maybe there was an easier way, although I have not tried it,
my son can do it in POV-ray.

Hey Lutz, any chance of it happening in future revisions?

--
  ,-._|\  Alex McMurray
 /  Oz  \ ale### [at] melbpcorgau               Melbourne PC User Group.