POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Adding object to Moray : Re: Adding object to Moray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 10:22:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Adding object to Moray
From: Arne Kleinophorst
Date: 28 Jan 2001 17:40:47
Message: <3A74A07C.135EB882@debitel.net>
Alex McMurray schrieb:

> Hi All,
>
>     I want to add/import an object to a Moray scene file as a link
> rather than a new object, the reason being that I want to create several
> objects, link them into a new scene, move them, copy them, duplicate
> them etc.
>     If I have to tweak any of the objects, I only have to work on the
> original file and it will be automatically updated in the main Moray
> scene file.
>     I have read and re-read the manual, but I cannot find anywhere that
> tells me if it can be done, can it be done? and is it in the manual??
>     Thanks in advance, Alex.

No, it's not in the manual, 'cause it can't be done like this (up to
now, Lutz?)
What you could do, is putting the object in you scene once, thene create
as many references as you wish (but within that scene) and if you
manipulate the main object within the scene all the references in the
scene will be changed as well. But externel linking to another scene is
not possible.

If anyone knows better, feel free to correct me

Arne