POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : AA Gun finished (~46Kbu) : Re: AA Gun finished (~46Kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:27:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AA Gun finished (~46Kbu)
From: Dennis Clarke
Date: 28 Jan 2001 15:36:45
Message: <3A748356.915CBF7F@interlog.com>
Ben Lauritzen wrote:

> 30 mins, radiosity, lit entirely by the background color.  I'm happy with
> it, after all, if I ever use it in a scene, it'll be pretty
> far away...  I'm wondering though, where those thick lines came from in my
> crackle texture.
>
>  [Image]

looks cool .. but ... [ there's always a but isn't there? ] to enhance
the realism of the gun, get rid of the ladder and put in a door there
instead.  Most AA guns that I know have a tendency to swing around at
really high speed in order to track fast aircraft, such a turret design
would kill anyone climbing up that ladder!  A visible red laser like
that is a big "shoot me light", try a small parabolic dish on the top
instead.

Dennis