POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Shortest code ever for mandel landscape made of spheres : Re: Shortest code ever for mandel landscape made of spheres => Not any more (25KB) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 10:18:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shortest code ever for mandel landscape made of spheres => Not any more (25KB)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 24 Jan 2001 16:54:52
Message: <3A6F4F20.B114F2E3@gmx.de>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> Who's that Pascal programmer ?   Is it me or you ?
>
> =)

;-)

> [...]
>
> Using patterns for heightfields is new to me.
>
> MegaPOV feature ?

Yes, i'm not using it much, but it can be useful if you don't want to
carry around a large image file for example.

> I wonder why there are such basic functions
> missing from the POV-language.
>
> Even my stone-age-Casio had the frac() function.

It's not much problem IMO, because it can quickly be typed with 'R-int(R)'
or done with a macro.  I think it would probably not be much used with
povray anyway, at least less often than the 'sgn()' function Chris
mentioned.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>