POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : ocean node v2 (35k bu) : Re: ocean node v2 (35k bu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 08:23:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: ocean node v2 (35k bu)
From: Ben Paschke
Date: 23 Jan 2001 20:12:05
Message: <3A6E2C44.A007E96E@rsp.com.au>
More specifically?

sky_sphere {
    pigment {
      gradient y
      color_map {
        [0.5  hsl (<0.55,0.4,0.9>)  ]
        [ 0.52 hsl (<0.6,0.4,0.6>)  ]
        [ 1.0 hsl (<0.6,0.4,0.4>) ]
      }
      scale 2
      translate y*-1
    }
and then a bozo sky plane (i'm sure the clouds are sparse enough not to
make an appreciable diffrence) with transparent sky bits.
the sun colour (under pretty constant revision) is
<3,1.5,1.5> (nice and bright)

and yes, it'll look pretty industrial by the end of it. I'm going for
futuristic but definately not slick-tech - more crusty and lo-fi.  More
like it could conceivably be around today.