POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Robot WIP 2 - 1 attachments : Re: Robot WIP 2 - 1 attachments Server Time
19 Aug 2024 02:27:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Robot WIP 2 - 1 attachments
From: Bryan Valencia
Date: 23 Jan 2001 19:58:36
Message: <3A6E2993.DED47E04@209software.com>
It may have to do with your Brain Sphere being solid glass, not a "bubble".

I rendered the attachment with the following code.

#declare A=text{ttf "crystal.ttf","A",.1, 0 pigment{color green 1}
translate<-.25,0,0> scale 3}

sphere{<-3,2,0>,2 pigment{rgbf <1,1,1,1>} interior{ior 1.33} finish{phong 1}}
object{A translate <-3,1,0>}

difference{sphere{<3,2,0>,2}
 sphere{<3,2,0>,1.9}
 pigment{rgbf <1,1,1,1>} interior{ior 1.33} finish{phong 1 reflection .1}
}
object{A translate <3,1,0>}

The left is a solid glass sphere, and the right is a hollowed out sphere
(difference).

give it a try

--
Bryan Valencia
Software Services - Making Windows Scream

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'iortest.jpg' (33 KB)

Preview of image 'iortest.jpg'