POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Searching POVray parallelized for IRIX6.4 : Re: Searching POVray parallelized for IRIX6.4 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:27:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Searching POVray parallelized for IRIX6.4
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 23 Jan 2001 12:37:34
Message: <3A6DD2B8.228D9DBA@free.fr>
> does anybody have or know of a parallelized version of POVray 3.1g for
> SGI under IRIX6.4 ?
> I am looking for a four-processor code.

	Alternatively to the PVM version mentionned earlier, you may also
find a MPI version there:

http://www.ce.unipr.it/research/parma2/povray/povray.html

(I didn't tested it on SGI yet. Radiosity rendering might be a problem
among other specific issues).

	Also you can check the POV-Ray links, and in particular the
unofficial compiles and versions at:

http://www.povray.org/links/3D_Programs/POV-Ray_Unofficial_Patches_and_Front_End_Programs/POV-Ray_Patches_v3_1/

Some other "parallel" ports are available for MegaPOV, kinda snapshot of
the next-to-be-released POV-Ray 3.5.
	Hope this helps.

*** Nicolas Calimet
*** http://pov4grasp.free.fr