POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: reflective twisted sphere over checkered plane : Re: reflective twisted sphere over checkered plane Server Time
1 Sep 2024 18:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: reflective twisted sphere over checkered plane
From: Jérôme Grimbert
Date: 23 Jan 2001 03:27:25
Message: <3A6D407A.7AA60D17@atosorigin.com>
Wlodzimierz ABX Skiba wrote:

> for Jerome Grimbert according to discussion at p.u-p
>
> sphere {  0.0, 1
>   translate x*1.5
>   deform { twist -4 }
>   translate z*2
>   translate -x*1.25
> }
>
> reflection and shadow created by deformed sphere

The 'top' pattern of the sphere is strange: I would have expected to see
the sky.
It seems that you have a line of discontinuity on the picture
going from the top left to the bottom right.

Could you put a mirror behind (3/4) the twisted sphere ?
(When I talked about the reflection, it was reflection OF the object,
not ON the object, sorry for the misunderstanding).