POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ghost Train and photo of viaduct : Ghost Train and photo of viaduct Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Ghost Train and photo of viaduct
From: David Fontaine
Date: 20 Jan 2001 15:55:27
Message: <3A69F9F7.CC4AA855@faricy.net>
Originally rendered at 5000x2000 aa0.3, took 12h 48m 59s and 76,767,231
bytes.

Once again I forgot to add the horns on top of the locomotive (the
actual one is missing them too). And the "random" function seems to have
made fairly un-random results yet again.

I'm going to have a lot of work left on the bridge and landscape. I have
the bridge pretty much done, but it hardly has a detail level anywhere
near the train itself. I think I'll have the camera at one of the ends
over a pylon, it's much easier to make realistic concrete than steel. I
tried a turbulent bozo texture to make rusty spots but it doesn't look
quite right. And I can use roundprism().

BTW to make the bridge deck I have the long box with the cross braces,
but no braes on top; strips are placed across thw width of the bridge at
the height where the side crossbars meet and cross over, so that the
part above serves as a guardrail.

The geography will be all wrong of course, bridge is in France. :)

Any tips on making the landscape?

Comments on ghost train?

Attachments:
Download 'ghosttrain.jpg' (76 KB) Download 'garabit.jpg' (65 KB)

Preview of image 'ghosttrain.jpg'
ghosttrain.jpg

Preview of image 'garabit.jpg'
garabit.jpg