POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Tesselation patch v. 0.1alpha : Re: Tesselation patch v. 0.1alpha Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:14:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tesselation patch v. 0.1alpha
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 19 Jan 2001 14:07:49
Message: <3A689085.F6DDEDA1@gmx.de>
Warp wrote:

>   Well, it can't report that before trying, can it?-)
>
>   It first tries to tesselate and after that, if no triangles has been
> created, it reports that it couldn't do it.
>   Sometimes this is due to a too low accuracy (there are too few
> tetrahedrons and no vertex points hit the inside of the object). This
> is, I think, so rare, however, than perhaps I should just modify the
> error message (I think that usually the reason is something else, like
> the object not being solid).

Sound reasonable,

I also found that the object pattern functions with method 2 so
Inside_Object() seems to work - There is also probably no difference
beween method 1 and method 2 concerning this function, because it is just
evaluating the isosurface function at that point.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>