POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : about time for more ridged multifractaling [~222K Jpg] : Re: antialiased ridged multifractaling [~150K Jpg] Server Time
19 Aug 2024 10:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: antialiased ridged multifractaling [~150K Jpg]
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 19 Jan 2001 12:29:18
Message: <3A68796E.4EE6BA4F@gmx.de>
"Bob H." wrote:

> I see now, yes, that's the kind of thing I've thought too but when I tried it
> the render time was phenomenal by my standards.

I already feared that, maybe some internal gradient pattern would be
faster.

> First time I've seen your
> Ategeros program concept at your web site.  I do remember the talk about that.
> By comparison what I'm doing here is child's play but I'll see what I can do to
> improve  :-)

I don't think that can be compared since Ategeros is only about
heightfields so it's quite limited.  Of course adding some seperate
objects for trees could be quite good even for an isosurface landscape.

I did not work much on Ategeros recently, also because isosurfaces offer
many things not possible with heightfields.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>