POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Torus Torture : Re: Torus Torture Server Time
20 Jul 2024 11:27:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Torus Torture
From: Remco de Korte
Date: 18 Jan 2001 16:19:46
Message: <3A675D1B.8CA3E04D@onwijs.com>
Rune wrote:

> "Remco de Korte" wrote:
> > Cool, but it gets a bit blocky.
>
> Thanks!
>
> It's blocky because the mesh is of a very low quality.
> The torus and sphere PCM files included with Chris Colefax's Compressed Mesh
> Macros are the only PCM files I've got so far!
>
> > What's the main advantage of your method?
>
> Advantage over what?
>
> Rune
> --
> \ Include files, tutorials, 3D images, raytracing jokes,
> / The POV Desktop Theme, and The POV-Ray Logo Contest can
> \ all be found at http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated January 6)
> / Also visit http://www.povrayusers.org

Advantage over other methods (but I can't think of any right now).

Anyway, I noticed you're doing something with meshes (mezz) but I'm not sure
what you're trying to accomplish. I'm interested though, I like meshes and it's
nice to have ways to deform them.

Remco
http://www.xs4all.nl/~remcodek/

Oh, and I forgot to ask you if I could use your Torus Torture in my Torus
Interrogation Chamber?