POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Exoskeleton 1.5 (61 ko bu) : Re: antiblobs (82 ko bu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:17:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: antiblobs (82 ko bu)
From: David Fontaine
Date: 17 Jan 2001 19:09:49
Message: <3A663311.4A4A8FE1@faricy.net>
Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:

> But can you please explain to me what a "shader" is ?
>
> And what is POVMan ?

POVMan is a POV/Renderman hybrod or such IIRC.

I'm going to venture a guess on shaders, but I don't actually know: does
it let you specify a falloff_map of sorts, like a color_map or slope_map
except related to brilliance and angle of incidence? I'm guessing
because I notice hue changes perpendicular to the light direction in
these renders.