POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fit view parameters to real picture : Re: Fit view parameters to real picture Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:27:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fit view parameters to real picture
From: Josh English
Date: 17 Jan 2001 17:58:25
Message: <3A6623E3.B8132F21@spiritone.com>
You might be able to pull this off with the code at
http://www.spiritone.com/~english/cyclopedia/background.html where I talk
about using an image as a background. If you want to have foreground and
background information from the same photograph, make a copy of the image
and using an alpha channel, make the background transparent. Make a second
box with the method I described with a smaller distance setting, so the
foreground is closer to the camera than the background.

( I used this code in my animation with a close distance and then pumped up
the filter value of the image so it fades to show the action. This happens
far too quickly in my animation)

Josh

--
Josh English -- Lexiphanic Lethomaniac