POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : rocket engine - divx : Re: rocket engine - divx Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rocket engine - divx
From: Ken
Date: 17 Jan 2001 16:09:12
Message: <3A660A4C.EE8451EE@pacbell.net>
Peter Popov wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Jan 2001 09:13:49 -0800, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:
>
> >> Well, technically, it is "available" for Mac OS, but you have to use
> >> Microsoft Media Player...it isn't available for as a codec for QuickTime
> >> to use.
>
> >So what you are really saying is that yes you could view animations
> >compiled under divx but for the sake of your principals you cannot
> >allow yourself to do so. Isn't that like intentionally shooting your
> >own foot and then complaining about it ?
>
> Basically what he is saying is that it is usually better to stick with
> native software. Most people use MP (Microsoft) on Windows and
> QuickTime (Apple) on Macs. The opposite has often proved to be a bad
> idea (from a stability point of view).

Are you sure he is not really saying that he is a Mac user, he loves
his Mac, he thinks MS products are crap, and he just refuses to use
MS products because it would undermine his loyalty to Macs ? He runs
a risk if he starts using MS products and actually finds he likes them
that he may eventually lose faith in Mac and become part of the
mainstream...

It wouldn't be the first time someone has taken this position no
matter how irrational it may seem. I love Ford cars and hate
Cheveys. I can't say why but I wouldn't own a Chevy if someone
gave me one. I would sell it and buy a Ford from the proceeds.

<smiley>