POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Seems that the tesselation patch died before even being born : Re: Seems that the tesselation patch died before even being born Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:16:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Seems that the tesselation patch died before even being born
From: Jérôme Grimbert
Date: 17 Jan 2001 05:47:49
Message: <3A65785D.4A8DB79A@atosorigin.com>
Warp wrote:

> Chris Huff <chr### [at] maccom> wrote:
> : I'd release it anyway...it isn't useless, and someone else may see
> : something. At least people would be able to work on object-specific
> : tesselation, patches that will depend on the tesselation patch, etc...
>
>   Ok.
>   I could release it right now, with the current syntax, that is, the
> tesselate-block is a separate object, or I could see if it's easy to
> put the tesselate-block inside the mesh-block and make the proper
> modifications (that would really add flexibility to it).
>   Which one do you people prefer?

<fool speaking>
Release it now, just like it is as a separate object,
so I can try to add it to my pov-source and try to find where is that bug...

>   I doubt that anyone can use the patch for anything serious, though.
> Although the bug happens rather rarely, it still happens too often. You
> only need an object that is large enough, and you'll get holes here and
> there...

<More fool to come>
If you can also provide two sample scenes, one without any bug and
one in which the bug manifest itself (holding a big sign and asking
for recognition of bug's rights...)

<no more fool (?)>

Whatever your choice for the syntax, please release this patch...