POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Anomaly : The Anomaly Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  The Anomaly
From: Bryan Valencia
Date: 16 Jan 2001 13:53:34
Message: <3A649985.779DA21D@209software.com>
Ok, I got the media to work finally, but I have 2 questions...

1. I was hoping that the media would be a lot brighter in the center
and fall off to almost zero brightness at the outside.

2. My spaceship looks like a cartoon because it's illumination is so
even.  To me, it looks very un-photorealistic.

Here is my media code, in case any of you can 'illuminate' me on how
to make it drop off.

sphere { 0*x, 5 hollow
   pigment { color Clear }
   finish{ambient 1}
   interior{
        media{
           scattering{1, Green * 0.02 extinction 0.5}
           samples 2,10
           intervals 3
           confidence .999
           variance 1/2
        }
   }
}

there is also a green light-source at the center of the media.

--
Bryan Valencia
Software Services - Making Windows Scream

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'anomaly.jpg' (17 KB)

Preview of image 'anomaly.jpg'