POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mesh2 uv_vectors problem : Small correction for 4) Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:18:40 EDT (-0400)
  Small correction for 4)
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 16 Jan 2001 11:28:39
Message: <3A648834.B94290FA@free.fr>
Correction for this point (I'm pretty sure for the others)

> 4) The last point is related to mesh2 in MegaPOV 0.6a for now:
>
> When you copy a mesh2 object, you also copy every textures carried by
> individual triangles. So if every triangle has its own texture, as this
> is the case with UV vectors maps, you do have huge memory requirements;
> mesh2 variable + every of its copies have almost the same size because
> of the copied textures (the mesh geometry is almost nothing compared to
> the memory used by textures in most cases).

	UV vectors was not a good example since I never used them,
and in this case what I say is most probably wrong. So please instead
consider the example where every triangle as a different texture given
by a texture_list.

*** Nicolas Calimet
*** http://pov4grasp.free.fr