POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Exoskeleton 1.5 (61 ko bu) : Re: antiblobs (82 ko bu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:18:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: antiblobs (82 ko bu)
From: gemelli david
Date: 16 Jan 2001 10:49:12
Message: <3A646DE3.BDFB0B36@xlstudio.com>
> That looks good, i wonder if some reflection would be good, of course that
> would require some environment to reflect.

I'll make tests at home...

> I had a look at the shader code and although i do not yet completely
> understand how it works, the same should be possible with the slope
> pattern, although you then have to take the light positions into account.

I don't comment my tests in general...I know, it's not a good thing...
The advantage of the shader is that the lights positions are given (not
exactly but, the result is the same, you know where it comes from) and ease a
lot the work...this shader is simple (I think) because, there is no real
physic behind !
I just do a gradient with the 2 colors. the coef is given by the angle between
the light and the surface normal (Ln.Nn).

            David