POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Garabit Viaduct for train WIP with question : Garabit Viaduct for train WIP with question Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:26:10 EDT (-0400)
  Garabit Viaduct for train WIP with question
From: David Fontaine
Date: 15 Jan 2001 23:40:36
Message: <3A63CF83.8CEABADA@faricy.net>
I'm working on a model of the Garabit Viaduct for the train. As you can
see I have a lot of it done. Okay, so some of the auto-positioning math
for the crossbars is sloppy, but hopefully it's good enough for my
purposes. By making a bridge, I can avoid having to do detailed enough
landscape for immediate foreground view.

What I'm wondering is how the top platform is constructed on such a
bridge. There is basically one long rectangular box with the x-shaped
braces, but there must be something on top of that because I don't think
they would just have rails over a wireframe box with a 400 foot drop
underneath. It'd be much appreciated.

Questions / comments?

Attachments:
Download 'garabit_viaduct_wip.jpg' (37 KB)

Preview of image 'garabit_viaduct_wip.jpg'
garabit_viaduct_wip.jpg