POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mesh2 uv_vectors problem : Re: Mesh2 uv_vectors problem Server Time
2 Sep 2024 00:13:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh2 uv_vectors problem
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 15 Jan 2001 14:18:58
Message: <3A635EA3.607E513C@free.fr>
> OK, that's probably true, but if the whole texture is copied anyway, why
> can't I translate the texture inside the mesh triangles? What difference
> would it make?

	Could you post in here a small script that shows your problem with
translate in this case ? (and maybe pics in p.b.i)

	Normally you should be able to do any transform of your textures
inside the triangles. The TRIMAP.MCR macros from Chris Colefax do that all
the time. Chris Huff in this thread gave the idea about how it works, and
you know it for sure.

	But if the problem is real, it reminds me of a discussion I had in
this group with Nathan several months ago about mesh2 and interpolated textures
inside triangles - as for different colors per vertex that are blended together.
Basically mesh2 is a mesh and textures are handled the same way. I think you
should not have problem to translate textures in your triangles. Please send
some code to show that I'm wrong !

*** Nicolas Calimet
*** http://pov4grasp.free.fr