POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Mesh2 uv_vectors problem : Re: Mesh2 uv_vectors problem Server Time
1 Sep 2024 18:17:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mesh2 uv_vectors problem
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 14 Jan 2001 12:00:11
Message: <3A61ECA2.4422385F@free.fr>
> In a mesh the textures cannot be translated differently for the different
> triangles. So to do UV mapping I have to either
> A) Remove the mesh{} block around the triangles.
> B) Predeclare a unique texture for every single triangle.

	For B) I suppose you suggest something like:

#declare t1=texture{... transform ...}
#declare t2=texture{... transform ...}
mesh{
  triangle{ ... texture{t1} }  // or smooth triangle
  triangle{ ... texture{t2} }
}

which of course requires a lot of memory to declare both texture variables
and textures in the mesh. But what about the following syntax ?

mesh{
  #declare t=texture{ ... transform ...}  // #local is more elegant ?
  triangle{ ... texture{t} }
  #declare t=texture{ ... transform ...}
  triangle{ ... texture{t} }
}

which might be only a little longer to parse... maybe not.

	In case you were talking about this syntax, please ignore my post !
	BTW declaring UV vectors with XYZ should change the mesh2 syntax ;-)

*** Nicolas Calimet
*** http://pov4grasp.free.fr