POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : MegaPov slope-dependent textures : Re: MegaPov slope-dependent textures Server Time
5 Sep 2024 10:29:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: MegaPov slope-dependent textures
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 13 Jan 2001 15:54:30
Message: <3A60C083.8318BB09@gmx.de>
Marc-Hendrik Bremer wrote:

> I thought in the directon that all neccessary (for my problem) info is given
> with the slope - but not at the right place.
>
> I'm working on a building and want to "age" it. But under the overhanging
> roof and some beams it would be cleaner then further "down". If the Info of
> the slope could be holded while the pattern "moves further down" (nothing is
> moving - I know), then I could design the textures accordingly. "delay" was
> probably not right.

That makes it much clearer.

> In this case it is the above mentioned building. In wich way is the
> information if one point is inside or outside an object usefull for this
> case?

For example if the building has a flat roof of any shape, you can use the
object pattern in the height of the roof to determine whether something is
covered by the roof or not.

I posted a picture of some new pattern i made to p.b.i.  Combined with
regular slope pattern it could meet your purpose.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>