POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : It's For You (WIP 88kb bu) : Re: It's For You (WIP 88kb bu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 04:23:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's For You (WIP 88kb bu)
From: David Fontaine
Date: 12 Jan 2001 22:30:59
Message: <3A5FCACB.97E95796@faricy.net>
Kevin Ellis wrote:

> The worst thing is I move from works PIII 667 with 128mb ram, to my very old
> P133 with 32mb ram, it just isn't fair.

The bad part is you know the stuff most businesses need computers for doesn't
require anywhere near a 600MHz pc. It's just bloatware, os overhead,
poorly-wirtten software, and the ignorance that even with those factors you
still won't get much benefit from a lightning fast pc for emailing memos and
putting your stock options in Excel.