POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Megapov: high powers, isosurfaces, additive functions (7kbbu) : Re: Megapov: high powers, isosurfaces, additive functions (7kbbu) Server Time
1 Sep 2024 18:19:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Megapov: high powers, isosurfaces, additive functions (7kbbu)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 10 Jan 2001 21:06:44
Message: <3A5D1459.E2161883@online.no>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> Note that the noisiness of the coastline in x looks nice, but the z
> level appears as if it is truncated or at a totally different scale.
> Perhaps this is quite an eclectic application of povray, but I just
> offer this observation as it may point to a problem with the code...

I think this is "caused" by your extremly
small zooming angle (i.e.: angle 0.00004)

Have you tried with larger viewing angles ?

Try to uncomment the different camera angle
statements in the code below.

(The coasts looks ok for me at the 3 given
magnifications when I do this.)

(Btw.: This is my first post to this group :)

Regards,

Tor Olav
--
mailto:tor### [at] hotmailcom
http://www.crosswinds.net/~tok/tokrays.html

#version unofficial MegaPov 0.5;

#include "colors.inc"

camera {
  location <0, 3.5, 0>
  look_at <0, 0, 0>
//  angle 10
//  angle 1
}

light_source { 10*<-7, 120, 12> color White }

plane {
  y, 1
  pigment { White/2.7 + Blue/1.5 }
}

$ n = 2.5;

$ prefunkk1 =
function {
   2^-1*noise3d(    x, 0,     z)
  +2^-2*noise3d(n  *x, 0, n*  z)
  +2^-3*noise3d(n^2*x, 0, n^2*z)
  +2^-4*noise3d(n^3*x, 0, n^3*z)
  +2^-5*noise3d(n^4*x, 0, n^4*z)
  +2^-6*noise3d(n^5*x, 0, n^5*z)
  +2^-7*noise3d(n^6*x, 0, n^6*z)
  +2^-8*noise3d(n^7*x, 0, n^7*z)
}

$ Coast =
isosurface {
  function { y - prefunkk1(x + 1.06, y, z+0.06) }
  contained_by { box { -<1, 1, 1>, <1, 1, 1> } }
  threshold 0.55
  pigment { SeaGreen*2 }
}

object { Coast }