POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Focal Blur : Re: Focal Blur Server Time
1 Sep 2024 18:19:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Focal Blur
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 9 Jan 2001 07:52:58
Message: <3A5B1A02.8BF72B44@free.fr>
Josh English wrote:

> I have found an anomoly when rendering animations. If I use a camera
> that has focal blur, it turns off anti aliasing, but if the next fram
> uses a camera without focal blur, anti aliasing does not come back on
> for the rest of the animation. Is this a "known bug" that I missed? or
> has anyone seen this behaviour before?

	Can't confirm if it's a known bug, but it might be in the
official POV-Ray 3.1g as well. Since the command-line parameters
(or INI settings) are supposed to be parsed only once, and that
focal blur definitely switch off antialiasing by modifying internal
variables, I suspect you can't get the antialiasing back if your
animation does not use it after a while.
	This is just a guess, I'm not sure. But I consider this
behaviour to be inadequate as you mention. Sounds definitely like
a missing feature rather than a bug.

*** Nicolas Calimet
*** http://pov4grasp.free.fr