POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Nested polyhedron : Re: Nested polyhedron Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:20:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Nested polyhedron
From: Dan Johnson
Date: 8 Jan 2001 21:19:02
Message: <3A5A765F.F53793A@hotmail.com>
> Dan Johnson wrote:
>
> > There is only 20 spheres in that object.  I only used them where there
> > was a hole in the intersection of several cylinders.  I made the spheres
> > the same diameter as the cylinders so their locations are not obvious.
> > For your second question.  I have some books on polyhedra, and I spend
> > some quality time in the analytic trigonometry section, of a calculus
> > textbook.  I think I mostly just used the Pythagorean theorem though.
>
> What is analytic trig as opposed to normal trig?
> Calculus textbook?? I have been doing this exact same thing for years with
> basic trig and algebra.
>
> --
> David Fontaine  <dav### [at] faricynet>  ICQ 55354965
> My raytracing gallery:  http://davidf.faricy.net/

I don't have any books on trig.  The calculus book has a big review section on
trig.  I took calc without ever taking trig so I had to learn trig in about a
week, while not failing any of my other classes.  As for why it was called
anylitic trig, I didn't write the book.  Maybe it means vectors.

Dan Johnson