POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Greetings from Arda! (~112kau) : Re: Greetings from Arda! (~112kau) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 12:15:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Greetings from Arda! (~112kau)
From: Dearmad
Date: 6 Jan 2001 23:32:46
Message: <3A57F2B2.20259203@teleport.com>
"Tony[B]" wrote:

> > Grass texture is too detailed for the entire scene.  It should blend
> > together in the background.
>
> I don't follow you... Please elaborate.

Hm... what I mean is that all the fine detail you have going on with
your grass in the forground is wasted in the background and in fact
degrades from the overall effect of the shot (IMO).  It never looks
quite "right".  In the real world haze and distance tend to blur things
together. If you are using a procedural texture then you can have it get
less active along the Y axis (Z being up in this case), for example.

Hm... methinks I am adding to the confusion. :o/

Anyway, keep at it.