POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Katy serves the Southwest (101k) : Re: The Katy serves the Southwest (101k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:19:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Katy serves the Southwest (101k)
From: David Fontaine
Date: 6 Jan 2001 17:32:47
Message: <3A579BF3.1B5C87C1@faricy.net>
Remco de Korte wrote:

> Seems real to me.
> I would like to add some more comments but I don't know the right expressions
> for the parts so I'll just say that I noticed the bit with the wheels and like
> the springs in them.

thanks. I called 'em object { BC_Wheels }. ;)
The suspension is just stacked torii, the cheap way of imitating a helix. My other
boxcar has a different wheel assembly, but I can just reuse this one, nobody'll know.
It's a K-Line Santa Fe, and it has a real working suspension, unlike the Lionel. :)

> > Anyone care to make me a track landscape? j/k ;)
>
> Actually, that would seem fun.
>
> I didn't play with trains a lot, but I did (do) like all the computergames with
> trains in them.

I think it'd be best to do most of that outside of POV. At any rate it's work for some
other day...