POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Katy serves the Southwest (101k) : Re: The Katy serves the Southwest (101k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Katy serves the Southwest (101k)
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 6 Jan 2001 04:57:04
Message: <3A56EBF1.B50FEAD1@gmx.de>
David Fontaine wrote:

> Anyone care to make me a track landscape? j/k ;)

I already thought several times of such a thing, there are some things
that need work:

- fast solution for the track itself.  Since only parts are visible in
detail anyway, the prism/lathe solution is quite ineffective.  Some mesh
would probably be better.

- building the path is quite problematic too since it would involve
changing the shape of the terrain either with csg operations or direct
manipulation

Anyway it would be quite difficult to get it as realistic as your wagon.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>