POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Parametrics and superellipsoids : Re: Parametrics and superellipsoids Server Time
1 Sep 2024 18:15:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parametrics and superellipsoids
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 4 Jan 2001 13:51:38
Message: <3A54C63B.1D5CF126@gmx.de>
"Greg M. Johnson" wrote:

> The funniest thing is that I saw many different formulas for s-e's on the web
> and when I saw the above represented with a funny "2 bar over e"  this math
> idiot thought it was something more complicated than mere division.

There is the formular in the povray 3.1 docu, but IMO it's not necessary
for isosurface superellipsoids, because there already is a predefined
function, which, according to the megapov docu, computes the same:

f = (|x|^(2/P0) + |y|^(2/P0)) ^ (P0/P1) + |z|^(2/P1) - 1 = 0

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>