POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sunset? 63kbu : Re: Sunset? 63kbu Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:19:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sunset? 63kbu
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 4 Jan 2001 04:02:12
Message: <3A543C15.B219DD18@gmx.de>
Alan Holding wrote:

> Heightfield is a bit dodgy even though it's 5000x5000 (don't look to closely
> at the foreground!), but I don't think the sky is too bad for my first
> attempt at a 'realistic' one.

Looks good IMO, especially the lighting.

Concerning the terrain, you might try a seperate heightfield with higher
resolution for the foreground.

> Looking at this makes we want to get me hands dirty with slope dependent
> textures.  The documentation I've read is a bit scary though, so do any of
> you considerate people out there know of any not-too-hard tutorials that a
> dim bulb such as myself could understand?

A simple slope dependent texture is not that difficult, for example just
'slope y' would be worth trying.

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>