POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : POVMan... (3 pics, 70ko) : Re: POVMan... (3 pics, 70ko) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 06:22:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POVMan... (3 pics, 70ko)
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 2 Jan 2001 13:15:26
Message: <3A521B4A.C3F06D68@aetec.ee>
Warp wrote:

>   I would like to see images that are not easy to make without the patch.

Well, in this case eat this ;-)

Actually, what me likes in shaders is the reuse factor: there is large
number of shaders available and one can easily adapt one for own
purposes. For creating this picture I needed perhaps 30 minutes
(creating mesh for apple, then downloading shader source and modifying
it a little bit, then scratching my head "why the lighting functions do
not work??" for couple of minutes, then inverting normal direction in
shader to get it work, then rendering it and tinkering with it a little
bit more and then adding parquet shader for plane and tinkering with it
a little bit  and then writing this article.)
Of course one can do such picture with pure POV-Ray as well...

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'apple.jpg' (14 KB)

Preview of image 'apple.jpg'