POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : something I'm toying with 358kbu : Re: something I'm toying with 358kbu Server Time
20 Jul 2024 11:28:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: something I'm toying with 358kbu
From: Dearmad
Date: 31 Dec 2000 15:30:10
Message: <3A4F987D.9D4EEC80@teleport.com>
Data wrote:

> "Lance Birch" <-> wrote in message news:3a4f49e4@news.povray.org...
> > If you'd like to make an MPEG out of, for example, Targa files from
> POV-Ray,
> > you can use CMPEG, a freeware DOS utility that many POVers use.  You can
> > find it here:
> > ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/.1/garbo/garbo_pc/graphics/cmpeg10.zip
> >
> Thanks, I'll give it a whirl. I usually render to Bitmap. Oh, final version
> underway. 240x180, AA on at 0.3, only 90 frames otherwise the poor Cyrix
> would be busy for several days. Thinned the band somewhat so it's less
> clunky. It IS for a female finger, after all

I don't understand why it's so slow?  Or is that about the normal speed
for the tracer you're using?  Do you have a huge load of IOR going on or
something?  The ring is surrounded by blackness so it isn't reflecting
other refracting objects and for only 90 frames... What sort of
primitives or math did you use in the source file?  Are you
multi-tasking heavily?

I'm not accusing you or anything of foul play here... ;o)  but I'm
really curious.