POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Clouds (~14kau) : Re: Better Clouds (~42kau) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 08:18:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Better Clouds (~42kau)
From: Vahur Krouverk
Date: 27 Dec 2000 11:05:19
Message: <3A4A13CB.7C01D4E9@aetec.ee>
"Tony[B]" wrote:

> These are the real clouds I was working on... I posted the one-layer method
> before. That layer was only the top layer high above. This includes the
> lower layer now. The render time shot up slightly, because the bottom layer
> is thicker and requires more intervals (more, as a matter of fact, than I
> used in this render). It took 7h, 36m 48s to render at this size. Is that
> OK? Or is it too slow? You can always remove the top layer and fake it on
> the sky_sphere... I think. (But you'd rather know it's really there,
> wouldn't you? :)

Shot up slightly??? From 7 minutes, 11 seconds to 7h, 36m 48s is
_slightly_?
Or am I mistaken?

Sorry to say, but I wouldn't call these clouds realistic. (Unfortunately
I can't put my finger on problem.  shape? or colouring? : greenish-blue,
from scattering probably, I don't think that it could be seen in
reality.)
But for artistical pictures, which do not aim for photorealism, these
clouds could be very useful.

Light source seems to be quite close to clouds, as shadows seem to be
too big for given clouds. Or are there clouds, which are not visible?