POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : MegaPov + radiosity + layered textures : MegaPov + radiosity + layered textures Server Time
1 Sep 2024 18:15:52 EDT (-0400)
  MegaPov + radiosity + layered textures
From: Jérôme M  Berger
Date: 27 Dec 2000 09:05:08
Message: <3A49F711.D83B32C2@enst.fr>
I think there's a bug in megapov when using radiosity along with
layered textures: I tried to use a layered texture to put dirt on a
surface and the dirt was much brighter than the rest although it had the
same ambient (0) and diffuse. I seem to remember someone reporting a
similar problem and fixing it by increasing the max_trace_level but in
this case it didn't work (no difference at all with a max_trace_level of
200). Then I tried lowering the diffuse of the dirt and it actually
became *brighter*?!! (only the dirt, while when I raised the diffuse of
the dirt, the whole image became brighter, as I would expect)

--

* Abandon the search for truth, * mailto:ber### [at] inamecom
* Settle for a good fantasy.    * http://www.enst.fr/~jberger