POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : So... progressing...? : Re: So... progressing...? Server Time
1 Jun 2024 05:47:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: So... progressing...?
From: John VanSickle
Date: 27 Dec 2000 02:07:48
Message: <3A49A9D7.1911A6FD@erols.com>
Dearmad wrote:

> Well, how about it, anyone want to vent and/or share how their
> animation is coming for the next round (Pursuit/Escape)?
>
> I'm behind the eight ball-

I was without my PC for five weeks (from 13 Nov to 21 Dec).

> While I've settled on my subject and approach, I am just finishing
> character design (on paper with pencil/crayons- seriously).  I came
> up with the way I want to potray three characters just tonight with
> about three or four hours of straigh sketching.

While I was without my PC I did fairly complete P&P sketches of a new
robot for the Rusty tales, and designed a new building for the
Petrified Orchard Valley, as well; I wrote out a whole bunch of
scene code for both.  I also did preliminary sketching for a new
feature I've added to the Rusty model.

When I got my machine back, I modeled and test rendered like mad for
a day, went to the store for more Diet Coke, and rendered like mad
for another day.  Right now everything is rendering at about 14
minutes per frame or so.

Regards,
John