POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : part b : Re: part b Server Time
20 Jul 2024 11:17:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: part b
From: Matt Giwer
Date: 23 Dec 2000 22:57:43
Message: <3A457437.8C0CCD80@ij.net>
KalleK wrote:

> Hi!

> > About 1/4 the size. That is coming in a later scene when the moon is
> > destroyed.

> If it is that big and rotates one time per two second,

	Once per 36 frames actually.

> the "forces of
> rotation" (don't know the english word) will pull it apart. Would somebody
> calculate the acceleration in the outer regions of that ship?

	I don't think it is exceeding c.

> Just thinking humanlimited - But who knows which physical laws work for that
> alien spaceship.

	Mere gravity hasn't bothered SciFi films since they were first made. ;)

> And me thinks the shadow on that earth is a nice piece. It makes that
> animation interesting

	Thanks for that observation. I was on the verge of making my sun
shadowless.

--
Vote for Senator Kelly http://www.mutantwatch.com/
Paid for by the Kelly2000 campaign committee