POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Material{} in mesh2 ? : Re: Material{} in mesh2 ? Server Time
1 Sep 2024 18:20:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Material{} in mesh2 ?
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 21 Dec 2000 14:21:14
Message: <3A4268DD.48287CBD@free.fr>
> But (from looking at the source) it seems that it will take a material
> or interior with no problems when it is texturing the whole mesh, not as
> part of the texture list or individual triangles. This was what I was
> talking about...

	Yes it should, as for normal mesh.
	Now, when a triangle carries its own texture/material definition, it
supersedes the one you specify for the whole mesh. Hence, if every triangles
of the mesh have their own textures, the global mesh texture is not exactly
useful. I found only one case when it's necessary: when each triangle has
its own texture which is partly transparent; the mesh will cast correct
shadows only if you add a transparent global texture to it.
	In other words: the mesh global texture is not promoted to the
individual triangles. I suppose that the interior{}, finish{} and material{}
stuffs might behave the same, but I'm not sure.

*** Nicolas Calimet
*** http://pov4grasp.free.fr