POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lionel KCS diesel locomotive WIP (58k) : Re: Lionel KCS diesel locomotive WIP (58k) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 08:21:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lionel KCS diesel locomotive WIP (58k)
From: David Fontaine
Date: 21 Dec 2000 00:27:53
Message: <3A4193E5.B6D07C50@faricy.net>
Alf Peake wrote:

> Nice project, looks promising.

Thanks!

> But be warned: You'll never know at what level the detail should go
> to. My train (tram) from fullsize blueprints took over 3 years to get
> to the current stage and I have still to improve internal details
> below around 4"/8cm for the internal shots (follow the train link on
> my Freeserve frontpage).

Heh, yeah. For me it's how much effort I'm willing to put in. I of course
only do fine detailing on the exposed areas. The detail is quite enough
for my plans right now I think.

> Hope I get to see your finished pic.

I have the deck, wheels, and couplers done now (I think my coupler looks
pretty nice too :), so I only have to add the clear plastic parts on the
part posted, grates, windows and lights. Oh yeah, and the ladder on the
back.

Once I get a car modelled I plan to randomly alter the texture a bit and
make a looooong train. Got ten gigs of RAM I can borrow? ;)