POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Might as well... (~75kbu) : Re: Might as well... (~75kbu) Server Time
19 Aug 2024 08:25:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Might as well... (~75kbu)
From: banty
Date: 20 Dec 2000 19:23:01
Message: <3A414EFA.54BEC09@rapidnet.com>
How did you do the surface texture?

That aside, the clouds to look a tad solid. Personally, I'd do the
model in three parts, 1) I'd create the land mass by mapping it to a
sphere (Not that I've currently had much success with such things) and
apply the pigmentation. 2 I'd create another sphere for the water and
tweak the radius until it looked right. and 3) I'd create the
athmosphere.

Of course that's just me, and I hardly ammount to an expert.

on the whole though, your model looks like a good start. nice work.

 banty.