POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spiky plant 2 : Re: Spiky plant 2 Server Time
19 Aug 2024 14:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spiky plant 2
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 20 Dec 2000 19:13:11
Message: <3A414C79.212C8991@unforgettable.com>
Christoph Hormann wrote:

> It now looks even better, just put a lot of them on a nice isosurface
> landscape, add radiosity, area light, ... and wait a loooooong time till
> it's finished. :-)

There IS radiosity, it's just not terribly precise because of speed and
memory considerations. For that matter, I think I turned the area light
on too. And if it hadn't been taking so damn long, it'd be sitting on a
granite function instead of a plane.. so that's almost three out of
four. Not too bad, eh?

As for using a lot of them.. it's in the cards, but I gotta finish
designing one first. ^^;

-Xplo