POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Spiky plant 2 : Re: Spiky plant 2 Server Time
19 Aug 2024 14:13:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spiky plant 2
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 20 Dec 2000 17:08:42
Message: <3A412F4C.53A679C9@unforgettable.com>
Chris Huff wrote:

> In article <3a40a9bd$1@news.povray.org>, "ian mcdonald"
> <ian### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
>
> > Its nice, and resembles an Aloe-vera plant. :)
> > Need small, hooked spikes on the leaves.
>
> There is a strong resemblence to aloe...

That's partly from the pigmentation on the insides of the leaves; when I
created it, I was basing it on aloe, and I seem to have nailed it right
on the head.

I have since thought of a scene to add this to, and I'll be striving for
something more yucca-like next time I work on it, but if I get bored
enough, I may try making a more convincing aloe as well. :)

-Xplo